Puppy Stars is the home of Nick Honor: Professional Trainer & Clinical Animal Behaviourist (APBC & ABTC) who has been providing professional training and behaviour services across the U.K. since 2010. Note: Many Insurance Companies will Cover Behavioural Issues (Nick is a Full Member of APBC, TCBTS and ABTC - CAB/ATI).
At Puppy Stars, we understand that at times our dog's behaviour can appear puzzling or become troublesome and that this can be the cause of much distress and worry. It does not have to be like this, we can help.
We are recommended by vets and have been helping people across the U.K. since 2010 to find solutions to their dog's problem behaviours for example: aggression towards people and other dogs, fear and anxiety, rehabilitation of overseas rescue dogs, nuisance barking, destructive behaviour, chasing wildlife etc, one thing we know for sure is that it's never too late to make things better.
At Puppy Stars we will use a range of humane techniques proven over many decades to be effective in changing your dogs behaviour, these are based on the science of animal learning and evidence based practice. We understand that pain and physical confrontation is inhumane, unsafe and unecessary to change your dog's behaviour for the better.
A behaviour consult with Nick, is an investment in your dog, that will provide you a lifetime of benefits for you and your dog.
Your behaviour consult package includes:
- The initial consult with Nick will be approximately 2.5 hours in duration at your home, this time will be used to answer your questions, gather additional information if required and provide practical skills and exercises to help you and your dog.
- 1-Hour Follow-Up In-Person visit with Nick at your Home, or on a Walk (depending on the issue) (approx 2 - 6 weeks after the initial consult)
- No additional travel costs if you are within 25 miles of Winslow, Buckinghamshire - Please contact Wendy our Client Manager for a quote at [email protected] if you are further afield.
- For a list of Nick's qualifications, certifications and courses attended, click HERE
- A copy of your dog's behaviour change plan for you to follow after the consult.
- Any additional background research, before and after the initial meeting.
- Where required, a written overview of the behaviour change plan will be sent directly to your vet.
- Liaison with your vet where required.
- Any additional handouts, supplied during or after the consultation and advice for any equipment required.
- Up to 3 months of distance support via phone/email/WhatsApp.
The following video will give you an idea of what to expect from a behaviour consult
"I would highly recommend Puppy Stars. I can't recommend Nick highly enough. Our two year old flatcoat, Winnie, had changed form a fun-loving, happy dog full of energy, to being terrified to go outside. Within days of an in depth zoom session , she was already improving. The follow up session in person was invaluable, building on the strategies and advice, tailoring them to Winnie and me and giving us both the reassurance and confidence to proceed. In less than three weeks Winnie was entirely back to her old self and we now have even more fun together than we did before. Completely wonderful and, if you'd seen the shivering wreck she was before, almost miraculous!". Henrietta and Winnie
Find out more about our expert trainer and Clinical Animal Behaviourist, Nick Honor HERE