Dog Behaviour and Training Consultations (using video conferencing)
At times we can find our dog's behaviour puzzling or troublesome, this can have a huge impact on our lives, the lives of the family and even society as a whole. A behavioural consultation will help you to understand your dog's behaviour and provide you with the information and practical skills to modify the unacceptable behaviour.
Technology has now made the world a much smaller place and this goes for dog training and behaviour modification too. With the wonders of modern technology we have been able to provide remote consultations and training throughout the UK and have had clients as far away as Russia and Australia.
The advantages of using technology for consultations are many:
- I will be with you live in front of you, just as I would be if I came to your home.
- I can work with you even if we do not live near each other.
- It will save you time and money (no travel).
- It will be much more convenient for you.
- It can be much less stressful for you and your dog.
- Follow-up consults can be much simpler to arrange.
- Where appicable you will be provided with video and a written plan.
During the consult we can use Zoom, Skype, FaceTime and/or a variety of other technology. This will be supported by email plans and videos where required.
This technology works well with many behaviour problems such as Separation Anxiety, Resource Guarding, Aggression Towards People, House Training, Muzzle Training, Puppy Problems and session follow-ups to name but a few.
Depending on the issue a Veterinary referral may be required prior to starting. This is to ensure that medical factors that could be affecting the problem are known and can be treated appropriately. It may be the case that the problem does not have a behavioural component and is entirely caused by medical reasons and therefore can be treated by your vet. We will happily liaise directly with your Vet to ensure they are kept informed and, where necessary, are part of the behaviour treatment and modification process.
An initial consult lasts around 2hrs where a full behavioural history will be taken and in conjunction with the veterinary history a personalised plan is formulated. We will coach you and your dog through how to carry out the training and depending on the issue, you may need to have a number of follow-up consultations, however you are under no obligation.
As canine behaviour specialists, the techniques we use to change your dog's behaviour are based on a scientific understanding of animal behaviour while utilising positive reinforcement based training methods. Changing a dog's behaviour will take time, but we will work together to find the most practical way to fit this into your life and achieve the best possible outcome.
We only work with a small number of clients at a time to ensure we can provide you with an excellent service. We are proud to be recognised for achieving positive outcomes for both pet and owner.
- Very often the initial consultation report is sufficient to manage your dogs behaviour and provide the foundation skills required to move forward. Based on the consultation and nature of the problem, further sessions and support may be necessary, this will be discussed with you at the time, if additional 1-1 sessions are recommended these may be purchased at £60.00** per hour thereafter
If you would like to know whether your dogs behaviour can be addressed remotely, please call 07542 131 400
or contact us.
via the website.