Our introduction to fun obedience course allows you and your dog to learn some of the exercises involved in competition obedience in a relaxed and fun environment. Learn about how precise skills are broken down in order to teach them to our dogs. These are the important foundations to achieving flashy, impressive obedience behaviours.
Your dog doesn’t need any previous training to enrol, but must be dog and people friendly (if there are any concerns please contact us to arrange an assessment).
What are some of the things you will learn about in our intro to fun obedience?
- Precise heelwork
- Distance control
- Emergency stop
- Platform work
Classes start on Thursday 15th November from 1:15 to 2:15pm and will run for four consecutive weeks.
These classes will be held indoors in the Wesleyan Church Hall, Queen Street, Rushden, Northamptonshire NN10 0AA.
- Please do not feed your dog before class.
- Please, no slip leads or choke chains to be used in class.
- Please keep all dogs on a lead unless an instructor tells you otherwise.
- Please do not bring your bitch to class if she is in season (you are welcome to attend and watch).
- Please do not bring any dog to class if it is ill. If you are unsure if you should attend class please telephone to discuss.