At times we can find our dog's behaviour puzzling or troublesome, this can have a huge impact on our lives, the lives of the family and even society as a whole. A behavioural consultation will help you to understand your dog's behaviour and provide you with the information and practical skills to modify the unacceptable behaviour. (See below for a list of common behaviour problems)
Depending on the issue a Veterinary referral may be required prior to starting. This is to ensure that medical factors that could be affecting the problem are known and can be treated appropriately. It may be the case that the problem does not have a behavioural component and is entirely caused by medical reasons and therefore can be treated by your vet. We will happily liaise directly with your Vet to ensure they are kept informed and, where necessary, are part of the behaviour treatment and modification process.
A behaviour consult lasts around 2hrs where a full behavioural history will be taken and in conjunction with the veterinary history a personalised plan is formulated. We will coach you and your dog through how to carry out the training and depending on the issue, you may need to have a number of follow-up consultations, however you are under no obligation.
**Due to the Covid restrictions and in the interest of yours’ and our health and to minimise the time that we are with you in person the initial session which includes, history taking and immediate advice will be completed in part or in full on Zoom or similar where possible**
As canine behaviour specialists, the techniques we use to change your dog's behaviour are based on a scientific understanding of animal behaviour while utilising positive reinforcement based training methods. Changing a dog's behaviour will take time, but we will work together to find the most practical way to fit this into your life and achieve the best possible outcome.
We only work with a small number of clients at a time to ensure we can provide you with an excellent service. We are proud to be recognised for achieving positive outcomes for both pet and owner.
Common behaviour problems include:
House soiling and indoor urine marking
Handling problems when being groomed or during veterinary examination
Dog to dog problems
Barking at home, on walks or in the car
Food or object guarding
Noise phobias and sound sensitivity
Behaviour consultation (In-Person) - £175.00 (For travel distances in excess of 30 miles from Northampton (Northamptonshire) - Jasmine works in Northamptonshire only
Your behaviour consult includes:
- Up to 2hrs in person or remotely with Jasmine, no hidden costs.
- During the consult I will gather further information and behavioural history, answer any questions you may have regarding the problem behaviour and demonstrate your dog's individual behaviour change plan.
- A copy of your dog's behaviour change plan for you to follow after the consult.
- Where required, a written overview of the behaviour change plan sent directly to your for your vet.
- Liaison with your vet where required.
- Any additional handouts, supplied during or after the consultation and advice for any equipment required.
- Receipt for insurance claims and/or assist completion of insurance claim form, if applicable
- Up to 30 minutes of follow-up support.